- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Min. Exp. (Yrs)
- Posted Date
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Product Engineer is responsible for assisting with the design, analysis, and quoting activity and testing of new products and support in production products with engineering changes or other aspects as required. Working with the Product Designer and sales/manufacturing teams, the Product Engineer identifies and facilitates product features and improvements. He/she reviews product drawings, specifications and prototypes, preparing reports as necessary at each stage of development and reviews product test results. He/she liaises with customer to review and update on product status/timing and engineering changes. He/she ensures product meets and exceeds all customer specifications.
- Review engineering drawings, schematics and/or prototypes based upon pre-defined product requirements.
- Analyse current product offerings to determine ways to improve quality, increase functionality, maintain aesthetic appeal and reduce cost of production. .
- Analyse and reverse-engineer competitor product offerings.
- Identify key product strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop solutions to product weaknesses.
- Product Development Team Review of drawings and prototypes for functionality, reliability and ease of manufacture.
- Assist the product development team with keeping development on schedule.
- Ensure all products meet or exceed applicable customer specifications.
- Liaise with sales and manufacturing departments to ensure that product specifications align with corporate strategy and competitive goals.
- Respond to product development/functionality inquiries.
- Assist the sales and marketing staff with understanding the functionality and benefits of products.
- Observe product related policies and procedures.
- Assist the product development team with keeping within product development budgets..
- Troubleshoot product malfunctions/failures to prevent future concerns.
- Maintain accurate product development records.
- Assist other engineers with product development projects.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3 years’ experience in automotive industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering discipline or equivalent engineering technology diploma.
- Knowledge of the requirements of TS16949.
- Knowledge and execution experience of APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans, and Process Flow.
- Proven ability to create and execute product development plans that have achieved the identified targets.
- Strong leadership abilities, able to lead effective meetings.
- Good problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach.
- Good organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- Professional/mature demeanour under stressful situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Strong project management skills with an ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Computer competent (Word, Excel, Project, etc.)
- Ability to travel to USA and international destinations
- Ability to complete VA/VE and Product R&D activities and monitor.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 3283