- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
- Provide leadership over all engineering functions related to assigned new model programs, including design, optic, electrical, thermal, and testing
- Lead development of DFMEAs for assigned new model programs, and maintain through necessary changes throughout the programs’ maturity
- Lead development of DVP&Rs for assigned programs
- Review and approve test reports, and provide necessary documentation to customers
- Support Program Managers in technical discussions with the customers
- Support PDT meetings
- Support all PLM deliverables, leading BOM development and Engineering Changes, and participating actively in Gate reviews
- Maintain engineering open issues lists, and drive closure of all items
- Support Program Managers in development and maintenance of program timelines, identifying any situation that could potentially cause a milestone to be compromised
- Troubleshoot issues using problem solving techniques with systematic documentation
- Coordinate molded component drawing creation for assigned new model programs
- Coordinate certification drawing and report document creation for assigned new model programs
- Work with support engineers (ie: EE) and buyers in developing/defining requirements for purchased parts on assigned new model programs
- Support tooling tryouts, when available, at tool shops and Ventra plants
- Review, understand, and communicate as needed to the FNG/Ventra team, customer and legal specifications
- Lead Technical Design Reviews (TDR) on assigned new model programs
- Support Ventra manufacturing and quality in all pre-production build events
- Represent Ventra at customer manufacturing sites, as needed, during pre-production, launch, and post-launch events
- Utilize PLM
- Utilize Sharepoint, and all of the information stored there
- Use Process Mapping to help define requirements of the development lifecyle
- Understand and utilize all customer and internal Design Guidelines
- Understand all legal and customer specifications for all markets defined for assigned programs
- Have working knowledge of design, molding, secondary assembly, decorating (ie: vacuum metalizing), electronics, optics, prototyping methods, troubleshooting, quality process, all phases of APQP
- Spend time at the Ventra manufacturing sites, vendors, and customer plants
- Submit time sheets weekly
- Maintain a professional appearance and workspace
- Provide feasibility of early studio concepts
- Lead design and release of customer defined exterior lighting products.
- Provide direction to CAD members to assure customer design intent is met and all government regulations are in compliance.
- Launch product at customer assembly plants
- Develop/drive program deliverables and metrics which include risk assessments, issue documentation, internal communication, customer communication and problem solving.
- Manage and communicate progress and risk.
- Implement new exterior lighting technologies
- B.S. in Engineering
- Solid understanding of manufacturing, engineering and product engineering disciplines and processes.
- Ability to drive cross-functional teams through development phase to closure.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of electronics
- Practical working experience of LED technologies.
- Minimum 5 years exterior automotive lighting preferred
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.