Processor - Injection Molding
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville), LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This position will plan and conduct the analysis, inspection, troubleshooting of the tooling and molding process to assure the quality of assigned product or components. This position programs injection molding equipment and robots while maintaining or improving on quoted cycle times. Primary shift - 2nd.
- Planning and conducting the analysis, inspection, troubleshooting of the tooling and molding process to assure the quality of assigned products or components.
- Programs injection molding equipment and robots while maintaining or improving on quoted cycle times.
- Works with other departments to ensure molds and equipment is being maintained in a good safe manner.
- Achieves and maintains proper weights and measures for gauging product during production.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment while complying with the departmental procedures regarding safety and environmental policies.
- Works closely with quality auditor throughout the shift.
- Assists with and/or perform in mold changes as needed.
- Participates in cycle time and reduction scrap activities.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred.
- Continuing education regarding specific equipment or processes preferred.
- Five years Injection Processing experience or related experience in molding, processing highly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint including additional robot and press software.
- Documented knowledge of tooling equipment and processes.
- A strong mechanical, electrical and troubleshooting ability required.
- Ability to operate a forklift and maintain a license to do so highly preferred.
- Must be able to operate a crane and maintain a license to do so.
- Proficient in mathematics, read and understand instructions.
- Must be able to work all shifts. Primary shift will be 2nd.
- Must be familiar with proper lock out/tag out procedures.
- Frequent walking, standing
- Occasional sitting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, twisting, grasping, fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching, lifting, carrying, and driving
- Working around machinery
- Working around heights
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5147