- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Sets-up parameters for moulds, robots and prepares programs for injection/moulding parts.
Optimises all machine processes by reducing scrap, cycle times and mould change times;
- Assists with launches of new programs by building a new process to ensure quality products of parts and attends launch meetings prior to production start-up;
- Maintains and secures controlled injection process by using part weights, checking and optimising current running process;
- Directs set-ups for moulds using quick mould change systems and robotics;
- Oversees in-house tooling and material trials to ensure optimum performance;
- Describes system, components, and parts operating characteristics and malfunctions by writing technical reports;
- Sets-up injection moulds and performs start-up and shut-down of moulding systems;
- Verifies systems performance by testing functioning of installed equipment;
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Completes all paperwork as required.
EDUCATION: College diploma in Electronics/Robotics or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: 4-6 years experience in injection/moulding.
REQUIRED TRAINING: Husky and Ventax Robots, Statistical Process Control Course,
Sequential Valve Gating and Moulding Technology Course.
RECOMMENDED TRAINING: Plastics Mechanic License, Extrusion of Polymer Substrates.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES AS FOLLOWS BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Strong communication, and organizational skills;
- Computer proficiency in Excel and Word Software;
- Ability to manage time and solve problems within their scope of work;
- Ability to seek a team approach when necessary;
- Use technology, instruments, information systems and tools effectively.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.