- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Process Technician completes processing functions according to the machine parameters to support the molding function. Responsible to set up and or maintain the controls on molds, presses, & other equipment as needed to support production.
- Follows work instructions and oral direction.
- Monitors and adjusts cycle times on assigned machines as directed by production supervisor
- Operates control panel to enter or change date as needed
- Ensures color changes and mold changes are completed correctly prior to starting the press.
- Assists the molding Supervisor
- Reacts to the lighting system used on the machines when abnormal events occur
- Check process parameters to ensure proper set up. Deviations recorded for out of control conditions
- Creates new process set up for tools with the assistance of the process engineer
- Trouble shoot and root cause any technical issues.
- Document all process changes in process log
- Identify and separate purge as outlined in the purge process.
- Track and record change over times, set up times and scrap.
- Performs general housekeeping duties as required in work areas as designated by supervisor.
- Assists in setup of workstation during a mold change or as required or instructed by supervisor.
- Note: This description covers the major duties performed, but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned that would not alter the rating of the job.
- Has the responsibility to aid in the provision of a safe and clean work environment. This will be accomplished by participating in the safety process. Examples of participation would include, but not limited to conducting internal safety audits, investigation of accidents and communication of safety related information.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO/TS16949 compliance within the molding discipline.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO14001 compliance with the molding discipline.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Computer literate
- Self-motivated, with good attendance.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must have hi-lo & crane certification.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand & walk.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is frequently required, to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear.
- The employee will experience changes in temperature and humidity within the plant.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.