Process Technician (Off-Shift)
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
A Process Technician is responsibile for setting up and maintaining Molding machines, molds, material and their processes.
- Continually monitor and troubleshoot all procesess related to injection molding and perform adjustments as needed to ensure jobs are running to standard rate (labor, cycle time, scrap rate, etc.)
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Able to program robots.
- Inspects molds for correct setup and checks to ensure proper materials are at the press prior to start.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses complex injection molding processes using a wide variety of engineered and commodity type resins on a wide range of injection molding macheriny.
-Ensures presses are running correct cycle times and match what is documented.
-Accurately record processes specifications on cycle sheets.
-Perform thorough part inspections and make appropriate relative to part quality requirements.
-Investigate new materials and determine molding parameters.
-Thoroughly know materials and the inner workings of injection molds and molding machines.
-Support daily production by identifying solutions for chronic issues and problems that cannot be resolved by production associates.
-Build communication and relationshp with Supervisors.
-Meet with the shift supervisor and other process technicians to discuss any and all issues relating to the production floor.
-Adhere to all quality and safety standards within the department.
-Maintain clean and organized work area with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency and utilization.
-Continually seek to improve work processes and individual performance.
-Adhere to all company policies and operational procedures.
-Perform additional duties as assigned.
-High School Diploma or GED.
-1-2 years of experience ia a Plastic Injection Molding Processing position.
-Self-motivated and ability to work with minimal Supervision.
-Must be able to work overtime.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.