Process Technician II - Metalizing
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Primary responsibility is to properly maintain set up of all stokes beds, and clean metalizing beds, other paint equipment, as well as troubleshooting VTI's. Goal is to have metalizing equipment functional and ready for operation in order to produce quality products for on time delivery.
- Cleans metalizing beds and makes necessary adjustments to the beds and replaces as needed.
- Repair couplings, dries fire beds, and sandblasts flow-coater spindles or other parts as needed.
- Keeps inventory of replacement parts for metalizing bed repairs.
- Uses a wide variety of equipment and tools such as, but not limited to: grinders, saws, drill presses, milling machine, welder, soldering iron, electric hoist and assorted hand tools.
- May handle hazardous materials.
- Follows ISO 14001 and TS 16949 requirements per standard
- Ensures Lock-Out / Tag-Out procedures are followed when working on equipment
- Performs all duties in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Follow without exception all SAFETY precautions
- Follows help chain as needed
- Physically demanding-pushing/pulling stokes bed and handling VTI reels during changeovers.
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
General mechanical aptitude is required.
Prior related / similar experience or the demonstration of ability to do the job will also be considered.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.