Process Technician I - All Shifts
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5 LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Set up and adjust equipment to produce acceptable parts and give operator necessary support. Goal is on time delivery of parts to customers.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Must have good mechanical aptitude
- Must be familiar with Assembly
- Must be able to set up and adjust same to produce
- Give operator necessary support
- Electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic knowledge required
Ability to use OHM meter, troubleshoot electrical and pneumatic issues
Knowledge of linear, sonic, hot-plate, heat-stake welders a plus
Must be available for overtime and weekends
Maintains a positive and cooperative attitude throughout the workday. Discusses work-place issues with supervisory / management staff /co-workers in a respectful manner looking for positive solutions.
Communicates production issues relating to the assigned job with previous / next shift.
Responsible for contributing to a team atmosphere in the assigned work cell as well as the department overall.
Operates hi-lo in accordance with safety guidelines considering speed, visibility, and load size.
Ensures safety check log for hi-lo is filled out at both shift start and end. Addresses any safety issues with the hi-lo before its operation. Reports any and all safety issues immediately to supervisor / team leader / management staff member. Reports any and all work place injuries immediately to supervisor / team leader / management staff member.
Education and/or Experience:
A high school diploma or GED is preferred but not required. Prior related / similar experience or the demonstration of ability to do the job will also be considered.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3560