Process (Paint Mix)Technician - Paint Plant
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main LLC
Scope of the Position
Paint Mix Room Technician
Scope of the Position:
Maintaining the paint mix room systems and equipment and ensuring paint is ready for production. Reduction and changing of paint into mini, main and piggable systems. Implement processes to improve paint system performance, including quality, uptime and cost. Provide process and troubleshooting support to paint processes, equipment, and systems. Implement permanent corrective actions when warranted. Manage and monitor paint supplier activities including monitoring of inventory. Ensure environmental compliance in paint kitchen. Promote quality, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and good housekeeping and safety practices. Effectively utilize employees, materials and equipment. Communicate on a regular basis to all effected parties on paint system quality issues and activities.
- Ensure that paint systems and equipment are maintained and running effectively for production (Paint adds, filter changes, etc.).
- Review schedule for potential issues and report to management.
- Ensure paint and paint systems are ready for production by referencing the schedule and reacting accordingly.
- Reducing solvent born paint to viscosity specifications with correct solvents by referencing the mix room specification sheets and utilizing temperature/viscosity charts.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on paint systems, pumps, mixers andother equipment.
- Problem-solve (analyze data, determine root causes, develop and implement plan) and resolve issues which are affecting paint quality or throughput.
- Support implementation of new processes and equipment.
- Communicate issues between shifts and departments to resolve problems, sustain consistent performance to objectives and implement best practices.
- Maintain process documentation.
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to improve operations by reducing costs, reducing energy usage, improve quality, etc.
- Support safety of the shop and all operators.
- Interface with production/maintenance personnel, plant leadership and others outside the plant (Manufacturing Engineering, suppliers, etc.) as needed to resolve issues, implement improvements and communicate status and opportunities, etc.
- Establish a course of action to accomplish completion of any assigned jobs and/or projects.
- Propose and evaluate manufacturing processes and equipment for assigned areas.
- Provide technical support for all mix room operations.
- Coordinate input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions.
- Actively identify new areas for learning and take advantage of learning opportunities.
- Industrial Paint system/process/mix room experience.
- Familiarity with paint application.
- High degree of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- High level of analytical ability, oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of industrial paint systems.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment - as an active team member.
- Problem solving skills. Computer competence in windows spreadsheet, word, excel, database.
- Preferred - Working knowledge of pneumatic equipment.
- Knowledge of paint-related technologies (coatings, solvents, etc.).
- Ability to drive fork truck and possess valid operator’s permit.
Job Reference #: 4103