Process Engineering Technologist
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Process Engineering Technologist will manage the introduction of new products, processes, and technologies into production. He or She will also review existing processes and manage the transition of technologies and new processes for batch scale up. The Process Engineering Technologist will also develop and execute validation protocols for new and existing processes and equipment. He or She will perform risk assessments and report any potential technical issues/capabilities on any new project to the relevant manager/staff. In addition, he or she will prepare, execute, and complete validation protocols and reports (for new and existing processes equipment), ensuring compliance to all relevant quality standards and regulatory requirements. He or she will also solve process problems and explore innovative solutions to challenging situations. The Process Engineering Technologist will implement continuous improvement projects, support new product launches through APQP and PFMEA development, and trouble shoots processes as required in a hands-on, fast paced environment. The Process Engineering Technologist will optimize assembly manufacturing, welding and line processes. This position will support the Production, Quality, Maintenance and EH&S departments.
- Work to develop a marketing and product design teams to formulate a manufacturing process for the new product.
- Develop a cost-effective and working production process of the new product.
- Set detailed specifications and implement production plans.
- Conduct tests on systems for efficiency and accuracy till a quality and cost-effective production process is implemented successfully.
- Oversee process design projects and ensure the projects are completed on time.
- Ensure financial budgets are followed throughout the manufacturing process.
- Improve the present manufacturing production process to boost productivity, quality, and profitability for the company. Research and recommend new manufacturing technology, work in the collaboration with the engineering department to better production equipment functionality. Implement the transition of new technology to ensure production continues with success.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Lead and/or participate on teams with safety, technical, management, and other team members.
- Periodically act as a team leader to special task forces or teams.
- Candidates will possess a degree in Engineering or a diploma as an Engineering Technologist in Mechanical or a similar manufacturing discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- CAD experience drawing in 3D.
- Experience programming/teaching Robots is required
- Additional knowledge in any of the following would also be an asset: TS16949; ISO14001; PLC and HMI programming; vision systems; servo systems; welding; machining; ergonomics; line balancing and MOST techniques; GD&T; PHSR/machine guarding; Six Sigma.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills.
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.