Process Engineering Supervisor
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This position will supervise the night shift 11:00pm to 7:00am, the week starts each Sunday at 11:00pm. The Process Engineering Supervisor assists in overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes, including planning, designing, modifying, optimizing, troubleshooting and monitoring production processes. The duties will include developing an in-depth knowledge of our molding process,strengths and weaknesses of internal procedures and business processes; strength and weaknesses of equipment. The Process Engineering Supervisor directly manages our Injection Mouldig Set-ups following the Collective Agreement and serves as part of the Plant Leadership Team.
- All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with Company Policy, Local, Provincial and/or Federal rules and regulations and if applicable Collective Agreement.
- Support the Process and Quality Department staff by providing ongoing training and development
- Lead engineering activities in the design, optimization and trouble-shooting of new processes and improvements in existing processes
- Manage process documentation; responsible for maintaining up-to-date and accurate work instructions, process control plans and standard operating procedures
- Troubleshoot complex manufacturing process performance issues; provide technical guidance to team members
- Continuously focus on production efficiency, identify causes of downtime and proactively identify opportunities for improvement in product quality and productivity
- Collect and report data related to daily/weekly/monthly operating performance to management.
- Maintain documentation compliance for the Process, Health and Safety, and Quality Department
- Daily set-up control and mold change improvement/mold change time reduction, cycle time improvement, scrap reduction, new and current injection process and robot programs development and improvements.
- Processing and troubleshooting of molding machines based on material and part being produced.
- Develop and modify robot programs to handle parts without causing damage to the equipment or parts.
- management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Quality Management System (QMS) as stated in
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering or related field experience preferred (5 years minimum)
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience as a Process Engineer in an industrial manufacturing environment involved with product trials, customer complaints
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in molding operations or equivalent combined education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience leading/supervising/managing high-performance teams in a similar environment
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act, and Labour Laws.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.