Process Engineering Supervisor
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Process Technician Supervisor oversees the assembly process technicians and continuous improvement of the assembly manufacturing equipment, including preventive maintenance, planning, designing, modifying, optimizing, troubleshooting and monitoring assembly production equipment. The Process Technician Supervisor must possess the capabilities to support and drive the requirements into development and continuous improvement of products and processes. The duties will include developing an in-depth knowledge of our assembly equipment; strengths and weaknesses of internal procedures and business processes; strength and weaknesses of equipment. The Process Engineering Supervisor directly manages Process Technicians and serves as part of the Plant Leadership Team. This candidate is a strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Support the Process Technician and Assembly Department staff by providing ongoing training and development
- Work with engineering activities in the design, optimization and trouble-shooting of new processes and improvements in existing processes
- Lead the technical transfer of new products from research and development to high volume product commercialization
- Manage process documentation; responsible for maintaining up-to-date and accurate work instructions, process control plans and standard operating procedures
- Troubleshoot complex assembly manufacturing process performance issues; provide technical guidance to team members
- Initiate, implement, and supervise Continuous Improvement efforts, Root Cause Analysis and, Lean and Six Sigma initiatives and lead projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operation expenses
- Continuously focus on assembly production efficiency, identify causes of downtime and proactively identify opportunities for improvement in product quality and productivity while driving out cost
- Collect and report data related to daily/weekly/monthly operating performance to management.
- Provide support to the area team to manage abnormal situations/issues, troubleshooting, etc. on a 24/7 basis as needed
- Work jointly with engineers, operators, maintenance, and supervisors to develop and implement process
- Maintain documentation compliance for the Process, Health and Safety, and Quality Department
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices
- Complete all other assigned duties, as needed
- Maintain process control logs and improve preventive maintenance, downtime, cycle time, scrap reduction, and current processes, development and
- Develop and modify programs or processes to handle parts without causing damage to the equipment or
- Responsible for monitoring adherence to the company safety program by all Ventra employees and
- Perform additional assignments per Manager’s
- Lead and/or participate on teams with safety, technical, management, and other team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical or Manufacturing Engineering or related field experience preferred (5 years minimum)
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a Process Technician role in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience leading/supervising/managing high-performance teams in a similar environment
- Lean Six Sigma training/certification preferred
- Ten years safety related work experience in a manufacturing
- Strong organizational
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft
- Ability to work effectively alone and
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation
- Ability to manage multiple
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5501