Process Engineering Supervisor
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Process Engineering Supervisor is steady nights and assists in overseeing the engineering and continuous improvement of the manufacturing processes, including planning, designing, modifying, optimizing, troubleshooting and monitoring production processes. The Process Engineering Supervisor must possess the capabilities to support and drive the requirements into development and continuous improvement of products and processes. The duties will include developing an in-depth knowledge of our supply base; strengths and weaknesses of internal procedures and business processes; strength and weaknesses of equipment. The Process Engineering Supervisor directly manages Process Engineering Technologists/Technicians and serves as part of the Plant Leadership Team. This candidate is a strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Daily set-up control and mold change improvement/mold change time reduction, cycle time improvement, scrap reduction, new and current injection process and robot programs development and improvements.
- Processing and troubleshooting of injection molding machines based on material and part being produced.
- Liaise and support Project Engineers with any new program processes that are in the development stages
- Coordinate and implement training for set-up/process operators
- Direct production workers, millwrights, electricians and moldmakers; assigning tasks as required, ensuring work is completed safely
- Forward and implement ideas for productivity improvements, scrap reductions, specs proposals, value analysis/value engineering and regrind usage.
- Participate actively and effectively in continuous improvement teams where requested, and establish continuous improvement plans related to position responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Plastic injection moulding processing experience required
- Minimum Grade 12 education plus 5 years supervisory experience, preferably in a unionized environment
- Must be able to work steady night shift.
- Experience with hot runners/valve gate sequencing/gas assist/insert molding required
- Sound knowledge of 6 Axis robotics for injection molding
- Knowledge of TPO's/ABS/Nylons/PC's
- Strong Supervisory, interpersonal and problem solving skills are required
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.