- # of Openings
- Ventra Evart LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Process Engineer will take responsibility for all design of processes and assembly activities within his/her given brief. The ideal candidate is expected to pro-actively identify where processes can be adapted and optimized to ensure cost effectiveness. Throughout the design process, the Process Engineer will verify practices for efficiency and accuracy in order to implement processes that are safe and improve quality. The Process Engineer must possess the capabilities to drive the requirements into the development and continuous improvement of products and processes. Specifically, the Process Engineer's duties will include developing an in-depth knowledge of our supply base; strengths and weaknesses of internal procedures and business processes; strengths and weaknesses of equipment; and the strengths and weaknesses of key personnel who contribute to the quality of the products and services offered by the organization.
- Leading Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA / Control Plan) creation and updates (with supplier participation).
- Creation of assembly/process flow charts or supervision of supplier assembly flow charts creation for manufacturing or rework activities.
- Creation of Work Instructions or supervision of supplier Work Instruction creation for manufacturing or rework activities.
- Creation of Control Plans or supervision of supplier Control Plan creation for manufacturing or rework activities.
- Ensuring that all assembly processes operate within lean manufacturing principles (Value Stream Mapping, Five S, Kanban, and poka-yoke).
- Identification of manufacturing process improvements to existing process at CM and tiered supplier base to include a cost benefit analysis to allow senior evaluation and approval.
- Supporting our Quality department in the qualification and selection of new suppliers by inputting a thorough evaluation of the suppliers' manufacturing capabilities.
- Input of manufacturing (tooling, Assembly and Manufacturing Test equipment) estimates to quotations to our potential customers.
- Conduct workflow analysis and make recommendations for improvement in material handling and shop layout.
- Establish and maintain work standards for product costing and productivity measurement.
- Create Engineering Change Notices (ECN) as related to manufacturing process improvements.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- University Degree in Engineering
- Project Management skills and experience, if no full-time work experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in PFMEA techniques.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Experience of participation in a product development team from inception to manufacturing launch including evidence of the imposition of DFM/A into the design.
- Knowledge of the requirements of TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Knowledge and execution experience of APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans, and Process Flow.
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate status of assigned projects/tasks.
- A tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved.
- Strong leadership abilities, able to lead effective meetings.
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis would be beneficial
- Sound technical background (hands-on) with logical deductive reasoning approach.
- Interest in developing technical skills through both internal and external training.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multi-tasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- Conviction to improve personally and support continuous improvement in the department and company as a whole.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Knowledge and/or experience in Statistical Process Control
- Experience in design for assembly and manufacturing
- Knowledge of Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention
- Effective working skills of MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong CAD skills
- Superior analytical capabilities
- Strong Problem-solving and decision-making
- Must be mechanically Inclined
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3858