Process Engineer - Internships
- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Process Engineering interns hired for these positions (Engineering, Paint & Industrial Engineering departments) should expect to learn all facets of consistent with the area of study in Manufacturing and Process Engineering. The interns will leave this position with invaluable skills and industry knowledge.
- Read drawings, and engineering instructions
- Apply knowledge of engineering science and technology
- Identify problems, develop and evaluate options to implement solutions
- Work with manufacturers or field representatives as necessary
- Listens effectively to manufacturing personnel to assess problems and solutions
- Participate in department training programs
- Maintain up-to-date engineering knowledge and stay current with industry trends and best practices
- Must be a major in area of studies such as mechanical, electrical, industrial, chemical, manufacturing or welding engineering.
- Ability to use MS Office, MiniTab, AutoCad & other analytical and planning tools.
- Possesses strong analytic and statistic skills
- Has the ability to work independently
- All other duties as assigned
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Able to apply engineering standards to problem solving
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Frequent push, pull, lift equipment and tools 50 lbs.
- Occasional bending, squatting, climbing
- Must wear gloves (Kevlar or rubber), steel toe shoes, safety glasses, ear protection, weld gloves, apron, sleeves and shield
- Must have near and far visual acuity, color vision and depth perception for ability to see others and for safety and for general maintenance and safety
- Able to work in noisy conditions with variable temperatures, heat in winter, but no air-conditioning in summer
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4783