Process Engineer - Engineering
- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Process Engineer will take responsibility for reviewing and implementing processes and assembly activities in support of new product launch and continuous improvement; identify where processes can be adapted and optimized to ensure cost effectiveness; work with cross functional teams to assure all components and assemblies will be processed to meet customer product specifications and internal safety, ergonomic, efficiency, quality and cost requirements; lead the implementation of manufacturing processes; drive new technology and innovation.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and demonstrate a safe and healthy work environment in accordance with applicable legislation and company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoots process problems, determines root causes and recommends solutions and improvements.
- Design and oversee the implementation of plant layouts which includes the preparation and maintenance of drawings related to stamping, welding and assembly processes.
- Update and maintain Bills of Material and Part Routing Information
- Update and maintain plant capacity study based on accumulated shop data.
- Update and maintains “Yellow” Cost Sheets.
- Work with manufacturing on process or layout changes.
- Prepare drawings, work instructions, process flow diagrams, and other materials to assist production departments.
- Assist in generating process FMEA’s, Control plans, and related documentation
- Estimate cycle time and process feasibility for quotation development when requested.
- Provide process feasibility at early design level for gating, material selection, potential processing quality defects, equipment limitations, product design restrictions and tooling concerns.
- Responsible for coordinating, scheduling and reporting all tooling trials from prototype to mass production, both internal and external.
- Ensure all materials, purchased components, fixtures, molds, secondary tooling and packaging required for process evaluation is available at all trials.
- Work with material representatives as required.
- Provide, document and control machine parameter setups
- Maintain control of all sample materials, components and product both in house and at outside trial shops.
- Attend all engineering program review meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in engineering and manufacturing environment.
- AS400 knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems related automotive industry
- Must be familiar with CAD systems, DFA, DFM, FMEA, DOE, and FEA
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Mechanical, Autodesk Inventor, and Spinfire
- Must be proficient with Microsoft products, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent Program & Project Management skills with strong document management.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, process, change and improve design and equipment; technically inclined.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5580