Process Auditor (Cut & Etch)
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Process Auditor for Cut & Etch ensures the completion of weld testing within the Quality Department as assigned by Quality Manager. Assures the quality of product and/or reports daily. The incumbent will also be responsible for miscellaneous duties involving other tasks associated within the Quality Department.
- Timely and accurate inspection of Mig and projection welds.
- Cuts welding samples for analysis using wet saw, angle grinder and plasma cutter. (Including full hitch assembles)
- Performs Mig weld polishing and etching in preparation for analysis.
- Analyzes mig welds utilizing electronic microscope and Pax-it software.
- Completes reports on weld quality and communicates effectively with Weld Technicians for all required adjustments.
Successfully perform the requirements of this position, the incumbent must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and previous quality experience or the ability to learn/gain knowledge. Good communication skills both oral, written and math. Ability to perform ES testing, IE film build testing and occasional travel. Organizational ability, detail-mindedness, computer skills using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SPC process. Proven attendance and safety records with the ability to work in a team environment are necessary. Upper body mobility is required along with the physical requirements of lifting, carrying and pushing/pulling. Must be able to stand 100% of the time with frequent walking. The incumbent will be required to lift using one or two hands from 1 lb. to 50 lbs. during the duration of his/her shift. Must be able to carry objects weighing 1 lb. to 50 lbs. during the duration of his/her shift. The incumbent will be required to deliver product which includes use of two wheel dolly or cart occasionally to frequently using forceful abilities from 1 to 70 pounds during the duration of the his/her shift.
Required Knowledge/Training –
Microsoft Excel Core Tools Training
Blue Print Reading Problem Solving
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.