- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Royal Oak, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The administration of the stamping department, based on the customer’s requirements and products can be delivered in time. The achievement of the established goals, maintain and improve the area's indicators (SCRAP, re-work, efficiency and productivity, as well as to promote the continuous improvement and transmit the company's vision and mission
- Communicate production goals with supervisors on each shift in order to accomplish the production program, in time, quantity, and quality, based on the customer requirements.
- Coordinate the stamping supervisors as well as the production processes to deliver the products to the next process and then customer.
- Plan activities for the area's staff with the objective of accomplishing the costumer’s requirements.
- Check over working hours, housekeeping, and discipline and monitor the regard of the internal regulation of the plant in the area.
- Review safety indicators and tend to prevent accidents in the department.
- Analyze production results for reduction in rates of SCRAP and RE WORK through continuous improvement in production processes.
- Coordinate and communicate with support areas such as Logistics, Maintenance, Quality, Shipments, Receiving, etc.., to organize support when needed in stamping process.
- Support staff with their continuous improvement proposals for monitoring and implementation.
- Provide the necessary tools to the staff so they can develop their job properly, safely and efficiently.
- Coordinate validation and testing events of new projects (program and coordinate resources as time press fit and validation of new Tooling and operators).
- Attend the daily production meeting in production office and boards related to the Department.
- Layered Process Audits (L.P.A).
- Able to schedule presses and production.
- Familiarity with progressive and transfer presses.
Proven understanding of and experience in a manufacturing environment (metal stamping background a must).
At least ten (10) years of progressive job responsibilities working in a manufacturing setting.
At least three (3) years in a managerial role supervising multiple shifts.
Strong problem solving skills and the ability to effectively solve problems both on an individual and collaborative approach.
Must believe in the team approach to solving problems and must have proven success in leading teams to resolve specific problems.
Knowledge of PC's and software programs Word, Excel, Access and Power Point.
Working knowledge of accounting and financial aspects of manufacturing.
Ability and willingness to act in the role of a mentor.
Effective communicator in both written and verbal correspondence as well as an effective presenter.
Career goals should be plant manager and beyond.
Proven ability to prioritize and effectively manage their day.
Strong understanding of machinery and equipment but with the ability to know when to assume the responsibility and when to delegate.
Strong commitment to safety and quality.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.