Powder Coat Technician - 2nd shift
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Performs maintenance on the Powder Coat paint system, maintains a clean and safe work area, and has the system ready at the planned production start time.
• Drops, cleans, refills, and charges tanks, according to a predetermined schedule.
• Routinely inspects spray patterns, adjusts, cleans, and replaces nozzles as needed to maintain the best performance of the spray cleaning stages. Also, cleans/changes the pretreatment filter bags as needed.
• At times may be required to perform light maintenance tasks, including plumbing repairs, component replacement, and assist maintenance in larger scale tasks when deemed necessary.
• Keep the environmental room clean and organized, FIFO the powder, and clean the powder coat booth as needed.
• Perform preventive maintenance on the Gema powder coat equipment in predetermined increments.
• Maintains a safe and clean work environment, Maintains 5S standards as they relate to housekeeping in the assigned work area.
• Performs other duties as directed by their supervisor.
• Maintains a positive and professional attitude.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Problem solving and diagnosing issues with the system will be expected. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. High School diploma or GED is preferred. Basic computer skills and Previous experience in paint operation and basic experience in plumbing and electrical is a plus.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.