Powder Coat Operator
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Primary responsibility is the production of quality parts while maintaining rate. Goal is on time delivery of quality parts to customers.
• Runs assigned jobs at rate, completes paperwork properly which includes scorecards & production boards. Reads process / work instructions and signs training logs.
• Performs jobs within operation of assigned work center.
• Uses Help Chain for equipment problems and scrap/quality issues. Communicates production issues relating to the assigned job with previous / next shift operator.
• Tracks all scrap produced. Responsible / accountable for defective product produced.
• Ensures proper tagging / labeling of produced parts.
• Instructs and trains other operators as appropriate and assigned.
• Follows ISO 14001 requirements per standards.
• Works with team members / management staff to attain Company goals.
• Responsible for contributing to a team atmosphere in the assigned work cell as well as the department overall.
• Maintains 5S standards as they relate to housekeeping in the assigned work area.
• Reports any and all safety issues immediately to supervisor / team leader / management staff.
• Maintains compliance to Company policies, work rules, safety standards and housekeeping policies.
- All other duties as assigned
· Must have a minimum of high school diploma or GED
· Must be able to communicate in English
· Must have strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.