Plating Process Engineer - 2nd Shift
- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Process Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the plating operation while on duty. Key objective is to monitor and control the plating process during production. The ideal candidate is expected to pro-actively identify where processes can be adapted and optimized to ensure cost effectiveness. Throughout the design process, the Process Engineer will verify practices for efficiency and accuracy in order to implement processes that are safe and improve quality. The Process Engineer must possess the capabilities to drive the requirements into the development and continuous improvement of products and processes. Specifically, the Process Engineer's duties will include developing an in-depth knowledge of our plating operation; strengths and weaknesses of internal procedures and business processes; strengths and weaknesses of equipment; and the strengths and weaknesses of key personnel who contribute to the quality of the products and services offered by the organization. The Process Engineer will assist with identifying opportunities for improvement in the areas of process control, equipment integration, technological advancement and personnel training. The Process Engineer will assist in plating data collection, organization and analytics.
- Monitor the plating process for both plating lines and implement immediate countermeasures to ensure control of the process.
- Monitor and control all aspects of plating process water (steam condensate return, boilers, cooling tower, water softeners and reverse osmosis unit).
- Troubleshoot the plating process based on defective product yielded during production.
- Assist in Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA / Control Plan) creation and updates.
- Lead data collection initiatives, scrutinize resulting data and develop countermeasures based on the data.
- Complete daily communication documentation
- Creation of Work Instructions for manufacturing or rework activities.
- Creation or Modification of Plating Control Plans
- Identify manufacturing process improvements in areas outside of the plating department in order to improve OEE.
- Support our Quality and Reliability departments during daily operations for suspect product disposition.
- Conduct layered process audits and additional audits as required.
- Support and Corroborate with departments up and down stream of plating in order to effectively solve problems in manufacturing process.
- Identify and rectify concerns with plating racks during production.
- Conduct workflow and process analysis to make recommendations for improvements in process, quality and yields.
- Create Engineering Change Notices (ECN) as related to manufacturing process improvements.
- All other duties as Assigned.
- University Degree in a Technical Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience in plating industry.
- Project Management skills and experience, if no full-time work experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience in PFMEA techniques.
- Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Knowledge of the requirements of TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to produce succinct reports/presentations to communicate status of assigned projects/tasks.
- A tenacious personality that will not let an issue be left unresolved.
- Strong leadership abilities, able to lead effective meetings.
- Quality Control background including problem solving and root cause analysis would be beneficial
- Some travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Ability to physically implement designs.
- Overtime as required.
- Able to lift 50 lbs from the floor.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5004