Plastics Process Technician- 3rd Shift
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Nine Mile Road, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Process Technician is responsible for setting up and maintaining process controls on presses, molds and equipment to customer specifications. He or she is responsible for resolving manufacturing processes. The Process Technician is responsible troubleshooting, repairing and performing preventative maintenance on the equipment. Additionally, he or she will maintain equipment and prevent failures by suggesting and implementing improvement plans. He or she would coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure good production and quality through problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Optimizes all machine processes by reducing scrap, cycle times and mold change times;
- Assists with launches of new programs by building a new process to ensure quality products of parts and attends launch meetings prior to production start-up as needed;
- Maintains and secures controlled injection process by using part weights by using plastic data and using a systematic approach to optimizing current running process;
- Directs set-ups for molds using efficient mold change systems and robotics;
- Oversees in-house tooling and material evaluations to ensure optimum performance;
- Describes system, components, and parts operating characteristics and malfunctions by writing technical reports;
- Sets-up injection molds and performs start-up and shut-down of molding systems;
- Verifies systems performance by testing functioning of installed equipment;
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining process controls of presses, molds and equipment.
- Must be experienced with Robotics and Programming, with End of Arm Set-up and troubleshooting, develop and modify robot programs to handle parts without causing damage to the equipment or parts
- Knowledge of TPO's/ABS/Nylons/PC's.
- Monitor production for accuracy and efficiency and work with quality inspectors to ensure part quality/performance
- Make minor electrical and mechanical repairs and adjustments to machines/tools and notify supervisors when major service is required
- Provide ownership and analysis of injection molding process and equipment for the reduction in defects, overall process improvement and/or the reduction of downtime and continue improvements
- Compiles, stores and receives production data
- Completes all paperwork as required.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- Must have experience with hot runners/valve gate sequencing/gas assist/insert molding.
- Promote safety by abiding to all related policies and procedures
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent. Ability to read, write and speak English effectively.
- Possess basic mathematical skills
- Possess basic office skills such as Excel, Microsoft Word and AS400 systems.
- Safety and environmental training and experience
- Previous experience in injection molding department or at least manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work afternoons or night shift
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Troubleshooting ability is required.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5567