- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Plant Manager is responsible for the strategic direction, leadership and overall administration of plant operations. He or she will oversee staffing, production and effectively and efficiently oversee the development and direction of the management team to drive the growth of production, revenue and the quality of goods produced in the facility. The Plant Manager is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with suppliers, vendors, department managers and ensuring the integration of strategic plans within the plant facilities. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
- Establish the overall vision and direction for the implementation of plant administration.
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve corporate performance.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals to ensure that progress is being made, and that corrective action is taken if necessary.
- Meet regularly with department heads/business unit leaders; facilitate resolution of issues/problems between business units and/or departments.
- Responsible for appropriate staff levels to meet requirements of the facility.
- Assists with recruitment, hiring, terminations and performance management.
- Manage the morale in the facility by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers.
- Enhance and develop policies, procedures and service systems to meet the goals of the facility.
- Review and approve plans for the control of planned output, budget spending, material efficiency, engineering effectiveness, and human resources.
- Budget preparation and monitoring of P&L.
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the facility is meeting or exceeding budgetary commitment.
- Analyze and report on the plant’s daily, monthly and annual key performance indicators and industry trends.
- Develop and implement strategies around improving the financial performance of the department.
- Handle customer enquiries and complaints that are escalated from the departments.
- Analyze the customer’s concern and present options to solve their issue.
- Update work orders with appropriate information to provide information more quickly and easily to customers.
- Measure and monitor key production and customer service areas.
- Review and use the monthly profit and loss statements to ensure expense control and proactively plan production goals.
- Examine reports (e.?g.? Inventory, production and daily reports) to determine the operational activities of the company and ensure optimum performance.?
- Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- University degree in mechanical engineering; or
- Community college diploma in engineering technology; or
- Ten years work experience in a production environment
- Superior mechanical aptitude
- Labour Relations knowledge and/or work experience
- Contract administration knowledge and/or work experience
- Effective interpersonal and supervisory skills, with a strong focus on plant and business processes.
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
- A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, decision-making skills
- A knowledge and understanding of Statistical Process Control and Lean Manufacturing Methods
- Excellent Customer Service
- Possess Technical Aptitude
- Effective Time Management
- Ability to attend and conduct meetings.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Exposure to extremes of heat and cold.
- Exposure to high decibel levels, dust, dirt and to other media requiring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- This job description is not all inclusive. The duties, experience, functions, and any other descriptions herein may be changed at any time and other duties may be assigned as necessary. The company reserves the right to add, delete, or otherwise alter these responsibilities when and as necessary.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4348