- # of Openings
- Ventra Sandusky, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Controller is accountable for all financial operations of the plant. This includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, internal controls, and budgeting designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial reports. The Controller provides support and analysis to assist the Plant Manager in making business decisions consistent with corporate goals and objectives.
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash, receipts applications, funding management, quarter and year-end closing including federal and state report.
- Oversee payroll systems to ensure timely and accurate payments to employees, administration of benefits and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies including Federal, State/Provincial, Municipal/Local income, payroll and property taxes.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value.
- Respond to CFO and Group Controller as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments.
- Manage the accuracy and reporting of the perpetual inventory system including accurate cost accounting for all inventory items.
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures and product costing.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System as stated in the EMS Policy CEP.005.
- Bachelor Degree in related field or;
- Community College diploma in related field or;
- Ten years progressive responsibilities related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Proven good presentation skills.
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail oriented
- Good computer skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5020