PHP Laravel Software Developer
- # of Openings
- Information Systems
- Flex-N-Gate Sterling Heights
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate is seeking a full time, full stack PHP software developer to join our growing in-house software development team. Our team deploys software solutions for a multitude of departments within FNG, scaling into a global enterprise-level system. These systems include Program Lifecycle Management System (FNG PLM), an enterprise level software system which is developed in house.
The ideal candidate is creative, and passionate about developing quality software, using good programming practices. Candidates should also have a strong willingness and aptitude to learn the latest web development technologies.
- Maintain existing software systems, including bug fixes, small enhancements, etc.
- Further develop the software systems using Laravel, including new modules, enhancements, etc.
- PHP MVC Framework experience, preferably Laravel, including:
- Framework concepts, routing, service providers, etc.
- ORM and/or Active Record, such as Eloquent
- HTML templating, such as Blade, Smarty, Handlebars, Mustache, etc.
- MySQL or equivalent, database design & normalization.
- Software development life cycle.
- Strong problem solving skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Code debugging skills and problem solving with minimal guidance.
- Jira, Trello, Github Projects, Aha! or similar project management tools.
- Post-secondary education in computer science or many years of experience.
- Works well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Good listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Desirable Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Science
- Version control software, preferably Git or SVN.
- CSS Pre-compilers, Less or SASS.
- Composer and npm.
- Bootstrap, Foundation or equivalent CSS framework.
- Web services, SOAP and/or RESTful.
- Knowledge of the automotive or other manufacturing industry.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 3793