Part-time Security Guard
- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Guards industrial or commercial property against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Periodically patrols buildings and grounds of industrial plant, docks and work site
- Examines doors, windows and gates to determine they are secure
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles; apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts
- Inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes and security doors left unlocked
- Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Permits authorized persons to enter property
- Register at watch stations to record time of inspection trips
- Records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment for use of supervisory staff
- Regulates vehicle and pedestrian traffic at plant entrance to maintain orderly flow
- General awareness and knowledge of TS/QS9000, environmental standards, and how it affects the department
- Understands the requirement and use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Has general awareness of safety requirements and regulations
- Must have good attendance and solid safety record
- All other duties as assigned
JOB PHYSICAL DEMANDS
· Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Wears gloves (Kevlar or rubber), steel toe shoes, safety glasses, ear protection
· Must have visual acuity, near and far, ability to see others and safety
· Building heated, not air-conditioned, and may work some outside in all weather
· Must have a minimum of high school diploma or GED
· Must be able to communicate in English
· Must have strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.