- # of Openings
- X-Cel Industries, Inc.
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This position is 2nd shift position.
- Perform checks of the topcoat robots and topcoat area to ensure proper operation.
- Make frequent visual checks of the parts to ensure that proper painted appearance is achieved.
- May be called upon to manually spray a wide variety of parts with a wide variety of different coatings to accommodate production.
- Mix, prepare, and inspect paints to meet required consistencies and viscosity.
- Perform equipment maintenance and related assignments such as cleaning paint booths, paint delivery apparatus etc. per process parameters.
- Quality: Understand all IATF-16949, Customer and X-Cel quality standards. Procure the process parameter and paint. Verify that the paint has been approved for use. Mix and prepare paint per process parameter. Verify robot readiness. Take a proactive role in troubleshooting and correcting paint related defects.
- Safety: Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations. Safe handling and processing of materials including raw, processed chemicals and hazardous waste.
- Production: ensure paint levels at all topcoat workstations. Ensure that the topcoat stations are se-up in accordance with the process parameter. Operate paint equipment as necessary to accommodate production. Coordinate with Paint Supervisor and Prime/PLC Operator for safe, profitable, and efficient operation of the power and free conveyor. Perform visual checks subsequent to the painting operation in order to ensure the highest quality paint application possible. Paint parts as required to accommodate production.
- Physically able to wear protective equipment in paint booth (i.e. paint suit, respirator, fresh air heads, safety glasses, etc.).
- Ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, squat and hold various position for long periods of time.
- Communicate effectively to team leads and supervisor(s) regularly, keeping them updated on production activities and progresses along with any issues that may arise.
- Perform general housekeeping; Demonstrate 5S practices.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.