Paint Process Technician/ Supervisor - Midnight Shift ROBOTICS REQ"D
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Controls and manages all robotic programming and setup of Inside Paint line by ensuring efficiency in process, quality of product and customer specifications.
- Controls and manages the inside paintline robotics path work fluid settings and day to day issues that may arise;
- Assists Paint Supervisor with daily events;
- Assists in all new programs setup from start to finish;
- Identifies and initiates action to prevent occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process and quality system and follows up on implementation of solutions;
- Communicates daily via emails on daily shift reports;
- Achieves goals set out by the Process Supervisor;
- Monitors all robots and programs daily to prevent non conforming issues;
- Ensures processes and yield targets are being met;
- Sits in on daily meetings which include Cart Maintenance, Maintenance, Inside Paint and Cleaning Contractors (PSC);
- Assists in coordinating weekend and nightly projects and /or repairs;
- Communicates with all departments, suppliers and customers and provides customer satisfaction;
- Assists in the launching of new equipment for process improvement;
EDUCATION: High school diploma.
EXPERIENCE: 4-6 years paint application experience in an automotive environment.
REQUIRED TRAINING: Paint Application, Robot Programming.
RECOMMENDED TRAINING: Kaizen
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.