Paint Mixer 2nd shift
- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Mixes paint, maintains paint equipment and supports Robotic electrostatic painting process to spray negatively charged paint particles onto positively charged work pieces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Moves switches and dials to start flow current and to activate conveyor and paint spraying equipment
• Turns valves and observes gauges to set pressure and to control flow of paint to each spray station
• Inspects painted units for runs, sags and unpainted areas
• Readjusts pressure valves to control direction and pattern of spray and to correct flaws in coating
• Cleans paint from ceiling and walls of booth, conveyor hooks or grid and from disks, cones, spray heads and hoses
• Hand sprays parts to cover unpainted areas or apply rust preventative
• Mixes and reduces paint according to specifications with viscometer to regulate consistency according to changes in atmospheric conditions
• Must be able to tint and color match
• Performs routine preventative maintenance on paint feel system
• Performs routine preventative maintenance on booths
• Provides immediate corrective action to paint feed system faults
• Responsible for proper collection, disposal and management of hazardous and non-hazardous waste
• Must have good attendance and solid safety record
• All other duties as assigned
JOB PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Moves barrels of chemicals using manual drum lifter up to 4 times per shift. Barrel up to (200 lbs.) force to get onto drum lift and up to (25 lbs.) push/pull with (6 in.) lift using drum lift.
• Uses basic tools: wrenches, gauges, mixer (1-10 lbs.) 5 gallon buckets (56.5 lbs.) from (6-60in.)
• Wears clean suit, gloves, hat, booties-over-shoes and respirator.
• Must have a minimum of high school diploma or GED
• Must be able to communicate in English
• Must be able to properly maintain records/reports
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.