Paint Manager - Automotive Industry
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Urbana, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Paint Manager will be responsible for managing all paint operations across the plant ensuring processes are adhered to and that customer targets are achieved.
- Controls and manages the paint line activities and processes through the successful direction and support
- Identifies and initiates action to prevent occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process and quality system and follows up on implementation of solutions;
- Identifies targets for continuous improvement and works with teams to achieve success;
- Identifies employees who require training and provides it;
- Ensures process technicians are maintaining processes and yield targets;
- Oversees, coordinates and chooses effective and efficient application methods that are cost effective by reducing material usage;
- Establishes process control that eliminates non-conforming processes and is error proofed;
- Generates reports from yields data and downtime for the Executive General Managers meeting;
- Ensures accountability and compliance to procedures, functional performance and acceptability to customer requirements;
- Champions projects to be successfully meet budget expectations and goals
- Coordinates plant projects and oversees PDCA plans
- Inputs budget requirements for Paint Operations;
- Maintains organizational structure by delegating and assigning responsibilities to promote continuous improvement;
- Communicates with all operations, suppliers and customers and provides customer satisfaction;
- Coordinates and supervises launching of new equipment for process improvement;
- Will attend daily production review/management meetings to ensure goals/objectives are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related experiance;
- 4-6 years paint application experience in an automotive environment
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Strong communication, organizational, problem solving, teamwork, presentation, inter- personal and leadership skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Effective use of technology, instruments, tools and information systems.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.