- # of Openings
- Masterguard LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, machines and painting related equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance and repair of such equipment. Create and continuously improve processes and their respective controls. Controls and manages all robotic programming and setup of Inside Paint line by ensuring efficiency in process, quality of product and customer specifications.
- Support process and maintenance activities consistent with departmental expectations and goals.
- Operate paint process and application equipment in accordance with established control plans in order to satisfy the customer quality standards and delivery schedule.
- Identify, communicate and document any difficulties relating to the product, process and/or quality system.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions utilizing error proofing techniques to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to the product, process and/or quality system.
- Verify implementation and effectiveness of recommended solutions.
- Develop, implement, verify and document parameter settings for all paint process and application equipment to maintain the specified quality standards detailed in the control plans for all products.
- Track, record and prepare management reports detailing process capability and trend analyses of key parameters as directed by the Paint Manager.
- Develop robotic path motions and operating parameters for the introduction of new products and the continuous improvement of existing programs to optimize transfer efficiency within the guidelines of the control plans and customer quality standards. Development consists of initial setup of path work, application parameters, carrier density part orientation, and any other parameters which affect the processing of the product. Communicate with robot technician group on process / mechanical related issues.
- Coordinate with the appropriate paint line personnel in the completion of process related projects and improvements as directed by the Paint Manager.
- Communicate and cooperate with paint suppliers on usage optimization, formulation compatibility, paint performance and quality issues. Work with equipment suppliers to accurately collect application and performance data on new technology tested in the painting process.
- Communicate and cooperate with cleaning suppliers/crews to test new processes and products to ensure optimization of system performance.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement teams as assigned by the Paint Manager.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of FMEA's and control plans.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the Paint Process supervisors, technicians and employees to maintain department and company goals.
- Work with Paint Manager and Operations Manager to resolve issues.
- Develop and implement tools and processes to improve paint system performance, including quality, uptime and cost.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Provide process and troubleshooting support to paint processes and implement effective countermeasures.
- Develop activity plans and effectively utilize employees, materials and equipment to accomplish goals in a timely manner.
- Work with supplier to ensure consistent quality performance, utilization rates and delivery.
- Ensure environmental compliance in paint systems.
- Promote quality, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance, and good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Maintain and control system for paint process.
- Assist in training of Paint Process employees.
- Must be able and willing to take corrective or issue disciplinary actions when required.
- Ensure that all Paint Department associates perform their jobs safely following all related guidelines.
- Must have computer skills as necessary to perform job applications.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of all machinery in Paint Department and how to operate.
- Must be familiar with paint application.
- Must be familiar with FANUC Robots.
- Must be computer literate on the Windows platform and Paint Works software.
- Experience with industrial control, computer technology and programming is an asset.
- Work within a team dynamic and able to understand mechanical and electrical concepts as it pertains to Fanuc robotics paint booth systems.
- Previous experience with P200 Fanuc Robotics is a plus.
- Knowledge of 1K paint processes using both bell and gun applications
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing or Product Engineering. Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years Paint Application experience required.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear; and taste or smell, The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs.. Specific vision abilities required for this position: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 2711