- # of Openings
- Ventra Fowlerville, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Paint Engineer will develop and implement tools and processes to improve paint system performance, including quality, uptime and cost. Provide process and troubleshooting support to paint processes and implement permanent corrective actions. Manage and monitor paint supplier activities. Ensure environmental compliance in paint systems. Assist with PFMEA's, control plans, PFP's, operator instructions, layouts, quotations, etc. Promote quality, continuous improvement, preventative maintenance and good housekeeping and safety practices. Effectively utilize employees, materials and equipment. Communicate on a regular basis to all affective parties on paint system activities.
- Ensure that paint processes are maintained and running effectively for vehicle production
- Problem-solve (analyze data, determine root causes, develop implementation plans) and resolve issues which are affecting paint shop quality or throughput
- Support implementation of new processes and equipment
- Communicate between shifts and departments to implement best practices, resolve problems, and sustain consistent performance to objectives.
- Maintain process documentation.
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to improve operations by reducing costs, reducing energy usage, improve quality, etc.
- Support safety of the shop and of operators
- Interface with production/maintenance personnel, plant leadership and others outside the plant (Manufacturing Engineering, suppliers, etc.) as needed to resolve issues, implement improvements and communicate status and opportunities, etc.
- Establish a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project
- Propose and evaluate manufacturing processes and equipment for assigned areas.
- Direct the design, development and/or improvements of manufacturing processes and equipment for assigned areas.
- Provide technical support for specific plant operations.
- Coordinate input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions.
- Keep abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Actively identify new areas for learning and take advantage of learning opportunities.
- Four year degree with Engineering or Technical degree preferred, equivalent automotive engineering experience may be considered
- Minimum of 5 years paint engineering experience
- Must be familiar with automation/robotics for paint sprayers
- High degree of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- High level of analytical ability, oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of industrial paint systems.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment - as an active team member, group facilitator and a leader.
- Problem solving skills. Computer competence in windows spreadsheet, work, excel, database.
- Preferred--Robot path programming knowledge and experience; working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical controls;
- Experience with statistical techniques such as Shainin or Six Sigma; experience with AutoCAD and MS access; 2K mix equipment experience.
- Knowledge of paint-related technologies (coatings, corrosion, sealing, etc.)
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5329