- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Packaging Engineer works within the Advanced Product Quality Planning proces to assist in Quality and Packaging requirements in order to meet customer requirments.
- Attend Program Review Meetings.
- Review packaging feasibility and develop packaging designs and concepts for new and existing programs.
- Review program time lines and quantities for packaging requirements.
- Present design concerns and prototypes to the Program Manager and APQP Team for acceptance.
- Follow up on quotations, prototypes, testing and procurement of packaging for customers and suppliers and internal manufacturing location.
- Attend tryouts for early packaging development as required.
- Complete required packaging documentation.
- Assist in the selection of packaging sourcing.
- Assist in development of maintenance programs for returnable systems.
- Coordinate updates of the Bill of Material for packaging revisions.
- Assist in the launch training for packaging being implemented.
- Obtain customer and plant approvals and packaging through required EDI, email and /or customer specific portals.
- Create and update Operator Packaging Instructions.
Packaging Engineer or Engineering degree, Engineering Technoloigist diploma or equivent
3-5 years packaging experience in the automotive industry.
Excellent organizational and communication skills with ability to prioritize work and issues in a fast-paced environment.
Able to understand/reach AutoCAD layouts and reports
Blue Print reading in an asset.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.