- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is looking to move an experienced Optics Engineer to Allen Park, MI. Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position: The Optical Engineer will be instrumental in developing new concepts for achieving customer objectives through the development phase. The candidate will join our Advanced Development Group and, depending on experience, a Group Leader role may be part of the job scope.
- Objectives for our 1, 3 and 5 year plans will be obtained through market research, benchmarking and innovative prescription development.
- HID, projector and LED technologies.
- Light pipes/guides, Near Field lenses, Fresnel prescriptions, reflector/refractor optics, AFS systems or similar electro-mechanical functions.
- Thin film technologies diffused graining, and other lens treatments for obtaining “neon” appearance lighting schemes.
- Typical lighting materials and tooling practices.
- FMVSS 108, ECE and customer requirements.
- We are seeking an automotive optical engineer with 3-5 years of proven experience in developing headlamp and signal light prescriptions.
- A minimum of BS in Optics or Physics is required.
- An advanced degree is always a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Optical Simulation software i.e., CATIA, LucidShape, ASAP.
- Proficient in the use of CAD software such as CATIA or equivalent.
- Ability to identify industry trends, and develop technologies to address those trends.
- Ability to oversee advanced prototyping technologies for prove-out model development.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Reference #: 4527