.NET Software Developer
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Canada Corporate (FAW)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate is seeking a full time, full stack .NET software developer to join our growing in-house software development team. The main focus of this position will be working on FNG MES, an in-house developed Manufacturing Execution System system that is being deployed at our facilities.
Our software is written using the .NET (previously .NET Core), MSSQL on the backend, and a Vue.js SPA on the frontend. We also use modern tools, including git, ES6, Nuget, npm, CI, etc.
The ideal candidate is passionate about developing quality software, using good programming practices. Candidates should also have a strong willingness and aptitude to learn the latest web development technologies.
This position is a remote position with in-office/hybrid options at our Sterling Heights, MI (US applicants) or Lakeshore, Ontario (Canadian applicants) location with full remote option available in the following states (Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, and Texas) in the US and (Ontario) in Canada.
Develop software used internally to facilitate shop floor activities, data collection and reporting.
Maintain existing software systems, including bug fixes, feature enhancements, etc.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of Web development with .NET.
- 2+ years of Frontend framework experience, such as Vue.js or equivalent frameworks.
- SQL Server, Entity Framework Core, db design and normalization skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and a keen attention to detail.
- String code debugging skills and problem solving skills.
- Works well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Good listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
Required Technical Skills
- SQL Server
- EF Core
- Nuget and NPM
Additional Skills (a plus)
- RESTful APIs
- Automotive / Manufacturing Knowledge
Please email resumes directly to MITCresumes@flexngate.com with a subject Software Documentation and Training for consideration.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.