- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Buyer is directly responsible for coordinating the movement of purchased materials from suppliers and addressing any supply/supplier issues. The Buyer will review the production requirements of the company on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. This position includes coordinating production requirements aligned with sales forecasts. The Buyer is also responsible for maintaining and creating new relationships with suppliers and negotiation of prices and cost-saving measures to fit within the company budget. The entry of data, report generation and analysis of the data is an ongoing duty. Other tasks include resolving issues pertaining to material defects, invoice discrepancies as well as delivery timelines.
- Coordinate the movement of purchased materials.
- Compile data from vendor invoices and supporting documents to verify accuracy of billing data and to ensure receipt of items ordered.
- Compile data to generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to be used for cost-saving initiatives
- Compare invoices against purchase orders and shipping and receiving documents to verify receipt of items ordered.
- Contact suppliers regarding errors in partial or duplicate shipments, prices, and substitutions.
- Prepare and fill out payments to suppliers, whether by cash, check, credit, and other forms of payment.
- Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Post A/P data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Balance daily A/P batches; prepare and distribute payment reports and statistics to key personnel.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Interact and negotiate with suppliers.
- Form payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and mitigate supplier objections.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P policies and procedures.
- Communicate all delays or variances of inbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels for production in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Operate within an annual budget.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
- Identify discrepancies between shipments and orders and take action.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipment
- High School Diploma;
- Three to five years’ experience in the Automotive Industry; or
- Community College Diploma in Purchasing or enrollment in/completion of PMAC.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage finances allocated to the supply of materials while operating within a budget.
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Strong computer skills with high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 8726