- # of Openings
- Ventra Sandusky, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Buyer is directly responsible for coordinating the movement of purchased MRO/ non production materials from suppliers and addressing any supply/supplier issues
- Coordinate the movement of purchased materials.
- Compile data from vendor invoices and supporting documents to verify accuracy of billing data and to ensure receipt of items ordered.
- Compile data to generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to be used for cost-saving initiatives.
- Compare invoices against purchase orders and shipping and receiving documents to verify receipt of items ordered.
- Contact suppliers regarding errors in partial or duplicate shipments, prices, and substitutions.
- Prepare and fill out payments to suppliers, whether by cash, check, credit, and other forms of payment.
- Post and reconcile company payments to general ledgers.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Post A/P data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Balance daily A/P batches; prepare and distribute payment reports and statistics to key personnel.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
- Interact and negotiate with suppliers.
- Form payment strategies to make timely A/P payments and mitigate supplier objections.
- Investigate payment problems while following corporate A/P policies and procedures.
- Communicate all delays or variances of inbound freight to the appropriate parties.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels for production in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Operate within an annual budget.
- Maintain appropriate and complete documentation regarding regulated products and/or hazardous materials.
- Identify discrepancies between shipments and orders and take action.
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters; make adjustments or conduct negotiations as necessary.
- Scheduling and supervision of the non production crib hourly personnel
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Three to five years’ experience in the Automotive Industry; or
- Community College Diploma in Purchasing or enrollment in/completion of PMAC preferred
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage finances allocated to the supply of materials while operating within a budget.
- Strong knowledge of payment regulations and fair credit practices.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.