Molding Process Tech
- # of Openings
- Ventra Fowlerville LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
At Ventra Fowlerville, the (Injection) Molding Process Technician is responsible for setting up and maintaining 1000 to 4000 ton molding machines, molds, material and their processes. Ventra Fowlerville has 10 molding machines.
- Continually monitor and troubleshoot all processes related to injection molding and perform adjustments as needed to ensure jobs are running to standard rates (labor, cycle time, scrap rate, etc).
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.Valve gate, hot runner, and dual injection molding an asset
- Optimize and troubleshoot complex injection molding processes using a wide variety of engineered and commodity type resins on a wide range of injection molding machinery
- Ensure presses are running correct cycle time and match what is documented
- Accurately record process specifications onto cycle sheets.
- Perform thorough part inspections and make appropriate decisions relative to part quality requirements
- Investigate new materials and determine molding parameters
- Investigate Non-Conformances and determine corrective action(s) to ensure successful molding of acceptable parts.
- Support area as "Injection Molding Subject Matter Expert", who thoroughly knows materials & the inner workings of injection molds & molding machines.
- Support daily production by identifying solutions for chronic issues and problems that cannot be resolved by production associates.
- Meet with the Shift Supervisor and other Process Technicians to discuss any and all issues relating to the shop floor.
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards within the department.
- Maintain clean and organized work area with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency, and utilization.
- Continually seek to improve work processes and individual performance.
- Adhere to all company policies and operational procedures.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
3-5 years injection molding experience.
Able to program robots, Engel and Nachi a plus.
Able to work OT as required
Strong troubleshooting and CI skills
Able to communicate verbally and written formats
Computer skills in Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4136