Molding Manager- Plastics
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Nine Mile Road, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Molding Manager ensures effective and efficient operations of manufacturing processes and functions through regular monitoring of departmental policies, procedures, staff and standards, and responsible for organizing and managing manpower to ensure plant operations achieve both quality and efficiency goals. Provides leadership in the direction of all activities of the division consistent with corporate strategies, objectives and policies.
- Responsible for day to day operations of the Molding functions for Flex-N-Gate Nine Mile with the objective of producing hight quality products in a safe and healthfule work environment.
- Supervises direct reports and has oversight of all manufacturing areas.
- Continually works toward lowest cost and increased utilization of all facilities to improve overall plant performance and maximize plant support equipment capabilities.
- Improves productivity throughout the plant through associate training, involvement in and implementation of lean manufacturing practices, and supporting implementation of the Business System goals and objectives.
- Has overall responsibility for the control and performance of the manufacturing operations. The day-to-day responsibilities, including environmental, are delegated through the management structures, and using the plant EHS Manager and Division environmental Staff and Coordinators in certain capacities.
- Maintains continual focus on reducing scrap to lower production costs as well as reduce possibility of shipping sub-standard product to customers.
- Participates in management review of the facility Environmental Management System (EMS).
- Sets the focus of environmental policy, objectives and targets for the facility.
- Ensures the plant maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment. Implements and supports all aspects of 5S.
- Creates an environment and culture where it is understood and enforced that associate safety is top priority.
- Leads associate training and associate meetings to keeps lines of communication open.
- Evaluate associate performance on a prescribed basis and recommend changes in positions and pay rates as required.
- Bachelors' Degree in Manufacturing related field
- 5 or more years experience in a similar position in an Automotive Plastic Injection Molding environment
- Solid knowledge & understanding of injection molding and assembly process
- Ability to write procedural and work instructions
- Effectively communicate and present to customers and all levels of organization
- High degree of independent decision-making
- Solid knowledge & experience with Microsoft applications
- Attention to detail
- Strong Math aptitude
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.