- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Set-up, changes molds, and operate injection molding presses to verify proper operation before release to manufacturing operation. Looking for 2nd(3pm-11:30pm) and 3rd (11pm-7:30am)shift
- 6 Mold Changes per shift
- Operates the overhead crane to move molds to and from the injection molding press.
- Connects molds to the crane by attaching the chains, hooks, and lifting rings properly.
- Moves the mold cart to the press by connecting the tugger and the appropriate air supply line.
- Installs mold in press according to specifications.
- Connects all water and hydraulic lines from the press to the mold and checks for leaks.
- Enters machine settings to specified parameters by loading the correct program into the press controller and into the robot controller.
- Connects and sets the hot runner controller to the correct settings.
- Installs end of arm tooling for the robot and adjusts as required.
- Removes previous material, purges system, and loads new material.
- Starts press and observes operation to detect malfunction.
- Understand Valve-Gates
- HMI Screens
- Mag Plates
- The employee must understand the injection molding machine controllers, its display screens, and their functions.
- Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision. Ability to inspect crane chains, hooks, and lifting rings for any physical defects.
- High School diploma or (GED).
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4486