- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Works in the Molding Department operating overhead crane to support mold changes. Connect and disconnect water and hydraulic lines from the injection molding press to the mold in order to produce quality parts.
- Operates overhead crane to move molds to and from the injection molding press
- Connects molds to the crane by attaching chains, hooks and lifting rings properly
- Moves the mold to the appropriate location as designated.
- Installs mold in press according to specifications
- Connects and disconnects all water and hydraulic lines from the press to the mold and checks for leaks. Report any discrepancies to production supervisor and maintenance tech.
- Enters machine settings to specified parameters by loading the correct program into the press control
- Connects and sets the hot runner controller to the correct settings
- Installs end of arm tooling for the robot and adjusts as required
- Removes previous material, purge system and loads new material
- Starts press and observes operation to detect malfunction
- Track and record change over times, set up times and scrap
- Performs general housekeeping duties as required in work areas as designated by supervisor.
- Setup of workstation during a mold change or as required (Secondary Equipment If applicable).
- Note: This description covers the major duties performed, but is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned that would not alter the rating of the job.
- Has the responsibility to aid in the provision of a safe and clean work environment. This will be accomplished by participating in the safety process. Examples of participation would include, but not limited to conducting internal safety audits, investigation of accidents and communication of safety related information.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO/TS16949 compliance within the manufacturing discipline.
- Responsible for maintaining ISO14001 compliance with the manufacturing discipline.
Responsible for maintaining OSHA compliance
PLEASE INSERT A LIST OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Self-motivated, with good attendance.
- Must have hi-lo & crane certification.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.