- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Chicago, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The primary function of this position is to perform mold changes in a safe, systematic and timely manner.
- Installs molds using proper rigging techniques, crane, hand tools and various equipment
- Sets up machine parameters based on material and part being produced
- Starts molding machines and conducts initial troubleshooting until good parts are produced
- Records and maintains records as required
- Operate a crane
- Drive a forklift truck
- Have a working knowledge of plastic injection molding
- Have good mechanical aptitude
- Performs other duties as required
The shift assignment after the training period will be "C Crew": Friday and Saturday, 6am to 6pm; Sunday and Monday, 6pm to 6am
Starting pay is $19/hour
Must be available to work overtime to meet business needs.
Good Attendance is CRITICAL.
Must be proficient in mathematics, read and understand instructions
Must have good written and verbal communication skills
Must be able to achieve forklift and crane certification within 30 days in position. Overhead crane experience preferred.
Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics with past maintenance and mechanical experience preferred.
Capable of working in conditions that are oily, greasy, in close distance of heated molds, and in cramped areas under molds.
Ability to follow work instructions
Physical Demands include but not limited to:
- Frequently walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, twisting, pushing, pulling, reaching
- Works in awkward positions on top of and inside presses
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Pay: up to $19/hour
6pm to 6am</p><p>Starting pay is $19/hour</p></div></div></div><h2>Qualifications</h2><div><div><div><p>Must be available to work overtime to meet business needs
Job Reference #: 4812