Mold Setter - 2nd & 3rd Shifts
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville), LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The primary purpose for this position is to perform mold changes in a safe, systematic and timely manner. This is off shift position on 2nd or 3rd shift.
- Safely shut down injection molding press and all auxiliary equipment including, but not limited to robotics, bowl feeders, valve gate control machines, hot runner control units, and water supply/return systems.
- Adhere to safety policies including the use of PPE and Lock out / Tag Out.
- Remove mold from press in a safe, systematic, and time efficient manner.
- Insert new mold into press in a safe, systematic and timely manner.
- Prepare the mold and the press for start-up in accordance to setup sheets. I.e. – Valve Gates/Water/Heats at proper settings.
- Start-up machine with guidance from the on shift processor.
- May repair and/or assist in the repair of equipment as necessary (i.e. leaking water lines, tarps, conveyors, etc.)
- Provide support to production including troubleshooting.
- Provide support to maintenance including PM’s.
- Maintain 5S
- Responsible for any miscellaneous duties or requirement of the job as needed or as directed by the Shift Supervisor or his designee.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime to meet business needs.
- Must be proficient in mathematics, read and understand instructions
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to achieve crane certification within 30 days in position. Overhead crane experience preferred.
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics with past maintenance and mechanical experience preferred.
- Capable of working in conditions that are oily, greasy, in close distance of heated molds, and in cramped areas under molds.
- Preference given to applicable mechanical, impact wrench and hand tool experience.
- Willing and ability to follow work instructions
- Knowledge of simple electrical troubleshooting
- Ability to successfully meet physical demands of position as recommended through a lift capacity test and physical.
- Physical Demands include but not limited to:
- Carrying, Lifting - up to 75 pounds frequently
- Power Grasping using impact wrenches, inserting 75 pound steel bars frequently
- Frequently walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, twisting, pushing, pulling, reaching
- Works in awkward positions on top of and inside presses
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.