- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Work within a team of maintenance personnel to repair, troubleshoot and maintain injection molding equipment and tools.
Perform troubleshooting and repairs on molds throughout the plant with the goal of keeping equipment operational to maintain production of quality parts to specifications and within a reasonable time when problems occur due to mechanical failures.
- Troubleshoot and repair molds - Hydraulic and electrical
- Perform preventive maintance on molds and molding equipment as required
- Machine / fabricate mold components of any kind
- Wiring of manifold systems
- Polishes, repairs and modifies molds using pneumatic grinders, finishing stones and other abrasives
- Develop tools from blueprints
- Prepares stock for machining, measuring, marking and scribing
- Maintains spare parts inventory for anticipated stock
- Maintain safe and clean work environment
- 431A Mold Maker's license for the Province of Ontario;
- Unifor/UAW Journeyman Certification - served a bona fide apprenticeship and has a certificate which substantiates a claim of such service within Canada
- Willing to work days, afternoons & midnight shifts – midnights is most likely shift based on contractual obligations
- Starting pay: $30.50/hour, overtime paid after 40 hours (per the collective agreement)
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.