Mold Department Manager - Plastic Mold Injection
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Molding Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating the day-to-day activities of the molding department in a fast-paced, plastic mold injection facility: this includes the department's production schedule and efficient completion of orders within the approved budget. The Molding Manager will be required to review completed tooling and processes packages for all new molds to assure a complete and repeatable molding package is delivered. This position oversees mold technicians and production workers in troubleshooting and solving problems.
- Manage, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of the mold department, ensuring tools are up and running efficiently within production schedule.
- Establish methods to meet production and work schedules through the co-ordination of work activities with other departments.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Request departmental materials and supplies.
- Train injection mold employees on, and ensure adherence to, job duties, safety procedures and company policies.
- Monitor, assess and manage injection mold department performance.
- Prepare various production reports.
- Educate, monitor and ensure Health & Safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
- College diploma or Univeristy degree in Business / Management or related discipline.
- 5-7 years' Supervisory experience in a plastic mold injection manufacturing setting required.
- 3 years' Management experience in a plastic mold injection manufacturing setting is an asset.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.