- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Installs, repairs, maintains, tests and troubleshoots machinery, equipment and supporting structures in an industrial environment according to manufacturers' specifications. Layout plans and drawings, and performs general mechanical and fabricating duties as assigned.
- Reads and interprets diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures. Will be required to create adequate sketches if none are available from other sources.
- Dismantles and/or repairs machinery and equipment using various hand and power tools. Moves machinery and equipment using appropriate lifting and transport devices.
- Erects, assembles and installs a variety of equipment and machinery as required.
- Constructs foundations for machinery and equipment using appropriate construction tools and materials.
- Aligns machinery and equipment using the appropriate tools and devices.
- Erects and/or dismantles proper scaffolds and performs appropriate rigging to erect or dismantle machinery and equipment.
- Tests equipment after making necessary adjustments, and/or repairs or replaces defective parts or systems.
- Sets-up and uses machine tools to produce/modify necessary components.
- Carries out regular inspections and performs designated preventative maintenance procedures to utilities, services, buildings and machinery as directed.
- Performs repairs and/or modifications to buildings and structures as required.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- A current Maintenance Millwright ticket and Certificate of Apprenticeship
- Basic knowledge of PLC's and related electrical and electronic control devices.
- Good mechanical and fabricating aptitude.
- Knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Forklift Operator's License/will train if required
- May be required to work in extreme conditions, both inside and outside.
- Works in close association with other trades persons and/or technical staff.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.