- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Installs machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools.
- Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Dismantles and moves machinery and equipment using appropriate tools, hoists, dollies, rollers and trucks
- Assembles and installs equipment such as presses, shafting and conveyors
- Constructs foundations for machines
- Assembles and aligns machines and equipment, and ensures they are appropriately fastened to foundation or other structures
- Grinds, files or turns machine parts to dimensional specifications
- Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment
- May install robots
- May perform installation and maintenance work as part of a team of skilled trades workers
- Performs and documents all p.m. activities as directed by Maintenance Manager
- Assists in maintaining proper inventory levels of spare parts, lubricants, etc.
- 2+ years of apprenticing as a Millwright
- High school diploma or equivalent, or one year community college
- Experience in moving, assembling, disassembling, troubleshooting, and repairing various types of machinery and equipment
- Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment
- Able to fabricate new parts to replace defective parts during machine setup, maintenance, or overhaul
- Demonstrated aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Accurate and highly analytical
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to perform minor electrical repairs
- Ability to remove, disassemble, rebuild, reassemble and install without the aid of other skilled trades
- Ability to weld and operate all shop equipment and perform basic machining practices
- Able to understand drawings, working sketches and operating manuals
- Complete tasks efficiently and timely
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.