Mechanic / Millwright
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Maintains, fabricates and repairs all mechanical equipment in the facility by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
- Redesigns and rebuilds paint line equipment including, air motors, paint pumps, water pumps, vacuum pumps and systems, and paint atomizers using blueprint and sketches;
- Maintains, fabricates and repairs all mechanical components in the facility as required;
- Performs all preventative maintenance, responds to production breakdowns throughout the facility moves and installs standard equipment;
- Dismantles and assembles complicated machines to determine cause of problem;
- Completes preventative maintenance requirement on moulding machines pneumatic tools, injection robots conveyer systems, vacuum systems, air compressors, paint robots, paint pump, air motors and troubleshooting malfunctions;
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices, using precision measuring of testing instruments, micrometers, vaniers and telescopic gauges;
- Lift equipment and heavy moulds using hoisting, cranes and lift trucks;
- Determines changes in dimensional measurements or requirements by using callipers, micrometers, depth gauges, tape measures and measuring scale and weight scales;
- Adjusts functional parts of devices by using plumb bobs and straightedges;
- Installs new equipment and ensures levelling of equipment and assists supplier with testing;
- Prepares work report at the end of each shift;
- Receives work orders , performs the repairs and writes a completion report and notifies the supervisor;
- Fills out purchase requisition for the required parts and maintains a critical list of spare parts;
- Maintains grinding equipment by changing cutting blades, vacuum systems and conveyers.
Ontario Millwright’s Certificate
Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Microsoft Office Software.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.