- # of Openings
- Ventra Kansas, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Materials Supervisor plans, organizes and monitors the receiving, storage and distribution of all items, ensuring a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed to proper departments in an effective, efficient and safe manner as required to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
- Ensure that the materials department is in compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations and other company-related policies and procedures.
- Responsible for supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable legislation.
- Ensure the warehouse is organized, clean and meets all 5-S requirements.
- Analysis of MRP system and send releases to venders
- Train and certify personnel in material handling equipment operation.
- Create dock schedules and arrange transportation that optimizes service and cost.
- Oversees the scheduling of outside vendors.
- Quotes service parts and prepares the material cost section of quotes for new work.
- Determine shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Operate material handling equipment as necessary.
- Monitor and measure performance metrics relating to the materials department.
- Develop and implement effective work procedures.
- Complete ERP transactions and resolve discrepancies with accounting regarding invoices, packing slips, and receiver reports.
- Responsible for disposition of all rejected material.
- Maintain appropriate equipment and racking to accomplish the materials department mission in a safe and effective manner.
- Research material handling equipment to ensure procurement of the most suitable equipment in terms of performance, safety, reliability and cost.
- Monitor Inventory to ensure cycle counts are being performed
- Follow up with venders to ensure material is in and on time
- Ensures compliance of practices, procedures and instructions relative to applicable facility standards (ISO, TS, etc.);
- Ensures facility compliance with the Flex-N-Gate Materials Management Policy;
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by management.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in business management, materials management or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in warehousing, receiving, shipping, inventory control or materials management in a manufacturing environment with 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Experience with ERP systems, specifically MRP modules.
- Strong PC experience; MS Excel - spreadsheets, charts, graphs, MS Word, MS PowerPoint- presentations, and systems applicable to work area (CMS, SpinFire, etc.)
- Knowledge of Import/Export Regulations
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.