- # of Openings
- Guardian West LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Materials Planner will manage production suppliers. Plan all incoming Raw materials, Purchased components, Packaging, Sub-suppliers and Outside Services to support Manufacturing and Shipping requirements.
- The Materials Planner will coordinate all incoming logistics planning with suppliers, as applicable as well as coordinate receiving schedules to ensure a smooth flow of incoming products.
- Issue firm and forecast releases to vendors on an ongoing basis for all production related items (i.e. Purchased Components, Packaging, sub-suppliers and Outside services).
- Inventory expertise, working with ERP systems to troubleshoot inventory discrepancies and monitor inventory accuracy and have general knowledge of PPAP, TS16949, ISO14001, MSDS, CTPAT and Health & Safety requirements. Troubleshooting inventory discrepancies, understanding transactions in inventory database and root cause analysis. Obtain and ensure valid supplier certifications are on file at all times (ISO/TS/Enviro.14001) and obtain and ensure current MSDS for items purchased are on file at all times.
- Responsible to set-up/maintain all new production related purchased items in CMS (AS/400 database) and maintain price lists in CMS for all purchased items. You will work with Corporate Purchasing to maintain Commodity code accuracy on purchased items and set-up/maintain Blanket PO’s for production related items. Obtain new supplier information and submit requests for new vendors to Corporate purchasing and when required, work directly with the customer on directed buy items. Your responsibility will also be to maintain minimum inventory levels and monitor for accuracy.
- Work as a team with Manufacturing to designate storage locations for all purchased components, resin and packaging. Maintain Maps and charts for plant level reference,verify receipt data entry. Coordinate various outbound shipments related to vendors/production. For sub-supplier orders, create orders in CMS, pick lists and work with Customer Service to line-up Shipping.
- Responsible to track monthly Supplier Performance and report to Manager / summarize for QOS reporting as well as be the Physical Inventory Coordinator. Initiate request for supplier PPAP’s for new items and engineering changes, work with Quality Engineer on supplier quality issues (Ensure that production is protected), and work with Packaging Engineer as a liaison with supplier for cost savings and continuous improvements projects. Work with Corporate purchasing, Market test purchased items for production for cost savings, work with Corporate purchasing to review and analyze submitted quotations, understand costing, negotiate with vendors and complete corporate reporting to Director of Purchasing (Plastics Divisions) and track monthly Supplier Performance and report to Manager / summarize for QOS reporting. Participate in conference calls and in APQP meetings –Production related purchased items Champion.
- Keep up to date with system changes and training requirements related to job duties, be on-call from the plant by cell phone after hours and provide vacation back up for other planners and all other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will have post secondary education relevant to position (business, accounting) or equivalent experience in procurement logistics
- 5 years’ experience as a Materials planner in a production environment with MRP/ERP systems,2 years’ Inventory control experience, experience with sesquencing is an asset.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, computer knowledge in Excel and Word at intermediate level, professional interpersonal skills and works well as part of a team.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, strong negotiation skills, proficient math skills and independent follow through on assigned tasks with the ability to meet deadlines is required.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.